In this course, you will gain basic skills in organic farming, learn selected scientific concepts related to agriculture, and build a sense of awareness of food systems and community. This course is designed as both an introduction to sustainable agriculture and as a season-specific program relating to autumn.
Google Drive Folder for Fall
Some things in that folder!
- A.R.E. Model --- Argument, Reasoning, Evidence -- Used as a way to develop more nuanced points for our class seminars
- Wendell Berry Reading --- Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front
- Alternative Assignment Folder --- Did you miss a field trip? Are you interested in substituting an assignment with something you are more interested in?
- Grants for the Garden --- We are working to make our grant-writing (for money!) for the garden a more collaborative process!
- Food Bank trip this Friday morning! Oct. 29th 8:30 -- 11:30 --- See Quasar if interested!
- Field Trip the Friday after next! Freedom Farm!! Nov. 4th 12:45--2:30
Course Schedule (Approximately)